Ohio is the next US state that has set sail for a full blown medical cannabis program, after announcing on Thursday the 12 winners of their “Level 1” cultivation licenses, which allow for up to 25,000 square feet of growing space.
These large growers have paid $20,000 to apply for the license and will pay $380,000 more in the following year.This is the second part of their licensed producer setup, as the Ohio Department of Commerce initially announced their 11 “Level 2” license picks. Level 2 licenses allow for up to 3,000 square feet of growing space.
Here is a list of future large growers in Ohio (Level 1):
- Buckeye Relief LLC in Eastlake
- Grow Ohio Pharmaceuticals LLC in Newton Township
- OPC Cultivation LLC in Huron
- Riviera Creek Holdings LLC in Youngstown
- Pure Ohio Wellness LLC in Springfield
- Columbia Care OH LLC in Mt. Orab
- Terradiol Ohio LLC in Canton
- Standard Wellness Company LLC in Gibsonburg
- AT-CPC of Ohio LLC in Akron
- Cresco Labs Ohio LLC in Yellow Springs
- Parma Wellness Center LLC in Parma
- Harvest Grows LLC in Hamilton Township or Cleveland
And a look at the smaller growers (Level 2):
- Fire Rock Ltd. in Columbus, Canton and Akron
- FN Group Holdings LLC in Ravenna
- Mother Grows Best LLC in Canton
- OhiGrow LLC, Toledo
- Ancient Roots LLC, Wilmington
- Ohio Clean Leaf LLC in Dayton and Carroll
- Ascension BioMedical LLC in Oberlin
- Agri-Med Ohio LLC in Langsville
- Paragon Development Group LLC in Huber Heights
- Hemma LLC in Monroe
- Galenas LLC in Akron
As a reminder, Ohio initially adopted the medical marijuana law in 2016. Their regulations will allow for people with up to 21 conditions to apply for a medical card and will not allow smoking cannabis in public places and home growing.
The medical marijuana law in Ohio will be effective on September 8th, 2018.