Pax 3 is simple and easy to use and is equally suitable for both new and advanced users.
Here are a few things you should pay attention to when using this vaporizer.
The first thing you should do when you unbox your new Pax 3 is to sterilize the device to get rid of the smell and chemicals left over from the manufacturing process.
Press the power button (in the center of the mouthpiece) to turn the unit on.
Next, press and hold the same button to enter the temperature mode and keep taping until all “petals” are on—wait until they turn red, which indicates that the device is set to the highest temperature.
Press and hold the button once again to start the heat-up process. After a few minutes, the device will turn off automatically. Repeat this three times to complete the sterilization.
Filling it up & chamber info
To load Pax 3, first remove the magnetic chamber lid at the bottom.
If you are vaping alone, load the chamber with 0.1 to 0.2 grams of weed and close it with a half-pack lid.
If you are going to be sharing it with at least one person, load the chamber with about 0.2-0.3 grams. Remember, finely ground weed will produce thicker vapor.
To dab a concentrate, remove the standard chamber, load the special concentrate canister with your favorite extract and set the device to the highest temperature.
Have in mind that the higher the temperature, the stronger the effects will be, as more cannabinoids will get released.
How to clean Pax 3
Pax 3 is a low-maintenance device and it’s actually quite easy to clean.
Empty the chamber and use a metal pick to scrape the rest of the plant material.
Remove the mouthpiece, too.
Dip the wire brush into alcohol and push it through a hole on the top side all the way to the other end of the device—until you push out the screen.
Then, take one of the pipe cleaners, dip it into alcohol, and do the same thing.
Use the metal pick to scrape the rest of the material in the oven.
Now, dip a cotton swab into alcohol and gently clean the mouthpiece, inside of the chamber and the top of the device.
Put all the pieces back again, and let it run a full cycle to evaporate the liquid before using the device again.
How to use the Pax 3 app?
Connecting the vaporizer to your phone
The Pax app is available for both iOS and Android:
To connect your phone to your Pax, turn on the Bluetooth option on your phone. Open the app, click on the Start button and choose the Pax 3 vaporizer.
Turn on the vaporizer and shake it to turn the Bluetooth on (cool, huh?) and connect it with the app. The next step is to name your vaporizer, and then it will automatically take you to the dashboard.
The target temperature is shown in the green circle and the current temperature is just above the circle, in gray numbers. Also, you can see your battery status at the bottom.
Pax 3 offers full manual temperature control through the app—you just swipe left and right on the big green circle to jump for 5 degrees, or swipe up and down to change the temperature for one degree at a time.
This is my favorite feature of the app and the whole device in general. This feature can take your vaping experience and triple the pleasure you get from vaping, especially if you’re tech savvy.
There are five different heating modes:
- Standard mode is used to maintain the temperature of the device. Every time you draw, it will boost the temperature for 5 degrees, and drop back until your next toke.
- Flavour mode is used to preserve the flavor between two inhalations. The temperature starts to build up as soon as you start inhaling and immediately drops once you stop.
- Boost mode is great for quick sessions and a more dense vapor. It maintains higher temperatures for longer while decreasing the cooldown time. Be careful because the device will get hotter when this mode is on.
- Efficiency mode increases the temperature by one degree when inhaling, and slows down the cooling. If you draw quickly it will go up for a degree every 3 to 5 seconds and will go up to the maximum temperature for as long as you are inhaling.
- Stealth mode is awesome when you want to keep odor at a minimum. This mode increases the cooling between the draws to avoid spreading the smell.