Pot brownies have been a symbol for weed edibles for decades and are one of the most popular cannabis-infused snacks ever.
Coffee shops in Amsterdam have been selling them for ages under a few different names such as weed brownies, space cakes, magic bites, and so they quickly became the preferred way of getting high for those that don’t enjoy smoking weed.
With brownies, you can also manage your doses easily as you can always dilute the mix and make it less potent, which is great for those that want to try them but are afraid of experimenting with cannabis on their own.
Why make weed brownies?
Weed brownies are without a doubt one of the best snacks you can have when getting ready to go out to the woods, or perhaps enjoy a day in the park.
Every good picnic story starts with a batch of fudgy, sticky, mouth watering brownies, and usually ends with them as well.
Secondly, many cannabis enthusiasts claim that weed brownies give them the absolute best high of all weed edibles.
These snacks can be very potent and provide their users with a high that lasts round the clock and they keep the consumer in a state of mild nirvana for hours at a time.
Given that cannabis is becoming legal in more and more states and countries by the month, it is about time to get familiar with this tasty edible and show the world what is the full extent to which these treats can go.
Weed brownies are perhaps the easiest way for medical cannabis patients to take their therapy without smoking the herb.
Since cannabis contains both CBD and THC, we can take both of those medically beneficial chemical compounds and infuse them in weed brownies in order to make a healthier way for medical cannabis patients to take in these compounds.
What makes the best pot brownies?
Getting the dosage right is by far the most important part of the whole process—you don’t want to make them too strong, otherwise, the people eating them might be in for a rough trip.
That’s right, putting too much cannabis in your brownies can make your batch a nightmare for those eating them, causing extremely long and exhausting highs that last for hours.
There were even known cases of people eating extremely strong brownies, trying to sleep it off after a while, and then waking up super high again after a couple hours.
However, that problem can go two ways — you can also add too little cannabis to the mix and end up with a batch of delicious brownies that won’t even tweak you.
This can lead to overeating and easily make you feel like you ate too many chocolate chip brownies.
Here are another few things to keep in mind when making weed brownies:
- THC-rich strains will bring in the best results when making brownies. When selecting a strain for the mix, make sure you choose a strain with high THC content as that is what makes cannabis psychoactive.
- Make sure that the cannabis you are using for brownies is organically grown, meaning that no pesticides have been used in the process of growing the plant. These pesticides can have negative effects on the end product and give it a foul taste.
Making a smaller, yet more potent batch is always a better idea in my opinion, and here’s why — brownies made with smaller doses will take longer to kick in.
If the user is not familiar with how brownies work, they might eat another one thinking that the brownie is “not working” because they don’t feel anything.
Eating a couple brownies from a smaller batch without waiting for them to kick in can be way more dangerous than eating half a very potent brownie because that half will do its work and let you return to a normal state much quicker.
Should you bake from scratch or use a store-bought mix?
There is a big difference when making weed brownies from scratch and making them with a store-bought brownie mix.
Both ways are delicious and will most definitely bring in fabulous brownies that get you high of your buttocks.
However, there are some significant discrepancies in the process of making them as well as the outcome of the process.
Another thing to keep in mind when choosing which type you want is which ingredients you have on your hands.
Weed brownies made from scratch usually require cannabutter for the recipe, while the simpler version can often be made with just cannabis oil and the brownie mix bought from the store. Either way, make sure you’re baking them in a well-aired area because it’s gonna get smelly in the kitchen.
When making weed brownies from scratch, the process is a bit longer and more tedious, unless you love cooking and baking. Then this process will be a piece of cake (get it, because we’re baking weed brownies?) and you will love how easy and simple it is.
If you are feeling a bit lazy and want a quicker way to make these chocolaty treats ASAP, then you can follow our three-step chocolate infused weed brownies below.
Using a store bought mix: three-step chocolate infused weed brownies
Here is how to quickly whip up your weed brownies using a regular brownie mix that you can buy in the store.
- Brownie mix
- 1 cup (8 oz, 2 sticks or 250g) cannabutter
- Prepare the store-bought brownies mix according to the instructions on the box, except for using cannabutter instead of baking oil.
- Pour the remaining cannabutter into the pan, then pour the brownie mix on top. Let the additional butter soak into the bottom of the brownies.
- Cook like normal, according to the directions on the brownie box.
Greencamp Fudgebuds: the ultimate weed brownie recipe
If you are looking for the most delicious way to fix up some weed brownies, here is a recipe for our very own Fudgebuds:
- Plastic mixing bowl
- Stainless steel cake pan
- Metal wire rack
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Cocoa powder – ¾ cups
- Vanilla extract – 1 teaspoon
- A pinch of salt
- Water – 2 tablespoons
- Cannabutter – 1 stick (around 4 oz, 120 grams)
- Eggs – 2 large eggs
- Flour – a bit over a ⅓ cup
- Chocolate topping (or some other topping)
- Preheat you oven to 325°F (162°C).
- Grease your brownie pan with regular butter. We suggest you use a stainless steel pan since they will prevent your brownies from sticking.
- Add sugar, cocoa, vanilla, salt, water and cannabutter to the mixing bowl.
- Whisk to blend all the ingredients together.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating them as hard as you can with a whisk until the mixture is glossy.
- Add flour to the bowl and whisk the entire mixture for about 3 minutes.
- After you’re done whisking your mix, bake it for about 20-30 minutes. Just like with any other brownies, you can find out whether they are done by poking them with a toothpick inserted until it comes out clean.
Use a spatula to cut and move the brownies to a metal wire rack in order for them to cool down.
Be sure to add toppings such as chocolate chips, sprinkles or even ice cream.
Don’t get ahead of yourself!
If you’re not certain about your tolerance with edibles, eat only a half or even a quarter of a brownie until you are certain you can eat a whole brownie. Weed edibles usually take about an hour or two to kick in. So, before diving into the whole batch and getting as high as a kite make sure you let them sit in and do their thing for a while before devouring the rest.