I am one of those people who prefer edibles over the good old-fashioned joint.
Some experienced stoners may call me amateur and not that into weed, but I just like the edibles’ high more. And believe me, I am not an amateur.
For me, the high from edibles is always more euphoric – just buzzing around the house and feeling like something extraordinary is about to happen; well, you don’t get that high with the regular smoke. It’s just not the same.
Second of all, it lasts much longer and after a couple of hours you get used to this different atmosphere in your head that is hard to explain.
Like you ended up in a parallel universe where everything is the same, but you are tuned to a higher frequency and you make a deeper acknowledgment of everything around you. I love this second stage of eating edibles, after the first rush of euphoria ends.
Last but not least, it’s a much healthier alternative than traditional weed smoking or vaping.
Of course, nothing is perfect in this world, not even eating and preparing canna-edibles, if you can believe it.
One unpleasant possibility is that you can easily exaggerate with your intake and spend the rest of the day in “weed-induced coma”, and when you finally wake up, you feel like a big, foggy cloud is spinning around your brain.
It happened to me once, and let’s just say I learned my lesson.
If the high is not happening straight away – be patient, wait a bit, maybe even an hour. It takes longer to absorb the weed through the digestive system. It will come, and when it does, it will probably blow your mind.
Another thing with edibles is that they usually take some time to make, and I am not the kind of person who likes to spend too much time in the kitchen. Nor do I like to use a full bag of weed on one serving of brownies, cookies or any other edible that I enjoy eating.
Buying edibles is not an option for me, either, because I never do proper research before I go to a dispensary and always end up with something I didn’t want or I paid way too much for something I could prepare myself. DIY is my motto.
So, what is a solution here, you may wonder. There actually is a solution for people like me, and it’s called firecracker weed.
If you haven’t heard about it, which I doubt, it is the easiest weed edible that you could think of. You only need three ingredients which you probably already have in your house (weed is mandatory), an oven and 30 minutes of your time.
An easy, delicious, and very strong edible.
So, how do we make firecracker weed?
Firecrackers – version no 1.
- Peanut Butter (It is always a good idea to go with the natural organic peanut butter not only because it is healthier, but because it has a higher amount of fats. That is because most of phytocannabinoids (including THC and CBD) are lipids-soluble and you need fat to break down these molecules and release the weed potency.)
- Crackers (You should go with the fattest solution for the same reason I mentioned. Potency! Graham crackers proved to work best.)
Dosage for one serving (one firecracker per person)
You need 2 crackers and around 0.3 g of weed.
Experienced smokers can go as high as 0.5 g per one serving, but I would not recommend this dosage for a beginner or occasional smoker.
One tablespoon of peanut butter is enough to cover the crackers, but you can put as much as you want depending on your preference.
If you are planning a party, just multiply these amounts with the number of people you are planning to get stoned.
- First, you need to decarboxylate cannabis to activate THC/CBD. In order to do so, put your ground cannabis flowers on tin foil and bake it in the oven for 10 minutes at 250°F (120°C).
- While weed is “baking”, take two Graham crackers and cover one side of each cracker with peanut butter.
- Take the weed out of the oven, and when it cools down, sprinkle each peanut butter spread with an even amount of weed. You should do this carefully and make sure that each piece of butter spread is covered with weed. This way, THC will dissolve perfectly with the fats from butter.
- Increase the temperature in the oven to 300°F (150°C) and sandwich the two Graham cracker pieces together.
- Wrap your firecracker sandwich in tin foil and bake it for another 20 minutes.
Pro tip: You can replace peanut butter with Nutella or even blend the two together (this is my perfect combination). You can also use any other high-fat spread for this delicious edible.
Pro pro tip: If you are always looking for that extra ingredient to enhance the flavor of your snacks, just drizzle the firecrackers with honey, maple or chocolate syrup, or any other sweetness that you can think of.
Firecrackers – version no 2.
- Nutella, chocolate syrup or any other fat-rich spread that you can think of
I would not call this a recipe because you are not preparing anything, just spreading the mixture of Nutella and cannabutter on the cracker.
But if you would like to test your skills in cannabis cookery, it is always good to start with the basics. And there is nothing more basic than cannabutter, the ultimate ingredient in almost any edible.
Just follow our recipe here: How to Make The Most Potent Cannabutter, and you will not be disappointed.
The Firecracker weed strain
Firecracker is also the name for an Indica-dominant hybrid strain (70% Indica, 30% Sativa), but it is so scarce that a lot of people have never heard about it.
There are a lot of mysteries surrounding this strain, from it’s genetics to potency (THC level).
Although it is not documented how strong this strain can be, users claim that it provides relaxation and mental relief (a common Indica effect), and can be used for insomnia and chronic pain treatment.
This strain has strong anti-inflammatory properties, because it is filled with different terpenes (the aromatic oils that protect the flower from predators and give the plant its unique smell and taste).
The buds are long, dense and sticky, with yellow and greenish coloring.
As mentioned earlier, Firecracker is extremely hard to find, but if you have an opportunity to try this strain, use it by all means.
Until then, you can always prepare firecracker edibles and share your experience in the comments section below. I’m sure you won’t be disappointed.